RESUMPTION OF INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS IN KENYA
The resumption of international flights in Kenya from the 1st of August 2020 marks a pivotal moment for travellers yearning to visit life-changing, destinations like Masai Mara– and a turning point for this beautiful country in the heart of Africa. This was a timely move since Kenya was recently awarded the Global ‘Safe Travel’ stamp by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC).
A number of international airlines have confirmed the resumption of scheduled flights in and out of the Kenyan capital Nairobi. They include; British Airways, Emirates Airlines, Qatar Airways, Air France, Ethiopian Airlines, Swiss Air, Egypt Air, Turkish Airlines and Kenya’s national carrier Kenya Airways.
As a preventive measure, various travel requirements and health protocols have been put in place in all the international and local airports within the country to ensure the safety of passengers and crew. We highly recommend that our guests follow the health and travel advice from relevant authorities and be aware of the local entry requirements of the individual countries.
Some of the requirements during travel to Kenya include;
- All arriving passengers on international flights must show a COVID-19 negative certificate carried out within 96 hours before travel.
- All travellers arriving in Kenya need to complete a Health Surveillance Form pre disembarkation to show at immigration.
- If their temperature is NOT above 37.5oC (99.5oF) and do NOT have a persistent cough, difficulty in breathing or other flu-like symptoms shall be exempt from quarantine. However,
- If there is a reported case of COVID-19 on the flight or if the above symptoms are detected, the passengers within 2 rows of the passenger with the symptoms shall be quarantined for testing. If the results are negative, they shall be allowed to leave the facility.
- All travellers will be required to wear a face mask and observe social distancing.
Find more information about Kenya travel requirements here
The Great Wildebeest Migration season has begun here in Masai Mara and currently, the savannah is as enthralling as ever and filled with a variety of wildlife in their large numbers. To witness the migration, you’ll need to carefully plan your visit. All our camps are strategically located in the Masai Mara vicinity to enable you to experience the great wildebeest migration. Book your accommodation with Basecamp to ensure you’re at the right place to witness this once-in-a-lifetime event.
Join our safaris in Masai Mara today!