Covid-19 Health and Safety
Basecamp Explorer Kenya is committed to ensuring that the safety and well-being of our guests, staff, and community and the ongoing conservation of our ecosystem remain our top priority. We recognize that due to the impact and changes caused by COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we are mindful as we go through our regular activities. Please feel free to contact our reservations team for any queries regarding an existing booking or future reservations, with our adapted Special Terms of Bookings
In line with the recommendations from World Health Organization (WHO) and the Kenyan Government, Basecamp implemented the appropriate health and safety measures within all camps to ensure the safety of all guests, staff, and community without compromising the high standards and quality of our safari experience, that you have come to know, love and expect in your every stay with us.
We are glad to confirm that all our staff members are fully vaccinated against Covid 19. We would like to share with you the elevated hygiene and prevention protocol we continue to uphold to ensure the protection of your health and safety.
Basecamp Explorer Kenya Health & Safety Measures
Reservations and Booking Changes
- Guests are recommended to follow health and travel advice from relevant authorities like the World Health Organization
- Guests booked on shared safaris may wish to opt for the exclusive use of a safari vehicle, we encourage e-booking this before arrival. Alternatively, we can recommend private safaris and exclusive use of our camps for smaller groups to ensure a private experience.
- Only cashless payments will be accepted at Camp.
- All our staff members are Fully Vaccinated against Covid 19.
- They have received COVID-19 health and safety protocol training.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing is carried out by each team member and best practice personal hygiene procedures are observed.
- We will continue to train our staff and ensure they are well equipped at all times.
- Information is available for our support teams/clients to follow best practices and emergency contact numbers are provided.
Guest Tents & Camp Public Areas
- Tents will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after every guest checks out.
- All laundry will be washed at the recommended WHO temperature.
Restaurant and Bar Service
- All meals will be served with a strong focus on freshness and flavor, in line with hygiene practices.
- Picnic snacks will be individually packaged.
Safari Game Drives
All our game drive, excursion, and transfer vehicles will adhere to the outlined procedures:
- Maximum of six (6) guests per safari vehicle
- Each safari vehicle has a sanitizer.
- The safari vehicles are sanitized between transfers and game drives. This includes frequent sanitization of the roll bars and handles.
- Binoculars are sanitized in the event of sharing during transfers and game drives.
- Guests are provided with shukas during game drives. These are industrially cleaned after each use.
COVID-19 Tests for Basecamp Explorer Kenya guests
- Basecamp Explorer Kenya can facilitate Covid-19 testing for guests staying at any of our camps to make sure they have a seamless safari experience! We have partnered with one of the Government approved laboratories to provide Trusted Travel (TT) verification codes for guests who require a PCR test upon their return home or to board their onward flight. Testing can be facilitated on request. Please discuss your travel plans and testing requirements at the time of booking.
- We will ensure immediate medical attention where required and if necessary, we can facilitate emergency medical evacuation procedures.
All our implemented measures are independently certified in line with WHO guidelines and World Tourism and Travel Council WTTC requirements.
We look forward to welcoming you to Basecamp Explorer Kenya and the wonderful wildlife experience of the Masai Mara!